Thursday, May 5, 2011

taking a bite out of school.

Crikey!  I'm still in search of my very own croc'.





I thought I was going to write about computers, programming, and hacking for my latest English class.  Specifically, how programming and how hacking (government sanctioned) skills can transform traditional patriarchal fields into fields to be potentially dominated by women (and so persuading women to learn/work in these fields), and then a paper on how the internet is used to create a more democratic society (Egypt) and a society where the lack of government oversight can be potentially corrected by radical groups (like Anonymous when they brought down the websites of credit card and internet payment process giants after the oligarchy exercised cartel-like control post wiki leaks blow up).  The latter one would be difficult to write because I can't come across as advocating for it or else that would violate the student handbook rules, or whatever.  But, it appears that I have to select one general community to write about for all essays.  I don't want to do my personal essay on anything related to computers, so it looks like the hunt is still on!

My brother keeps sending me his Australian videos and I can't get the accent of the camera man out of my head.  But I do like thinking about doing homework and imaging myself as a crocodile hunter and the crocs as my assignments.  I want my first paper to have teeth, but it'll probably end up less like a crocodile and more like my great grandmother -- nothing but gums. 

No comments:

Post a Comment