Monday, December 5, 2011

the stresses of modern life.

My relatively new and good quality tires got slashed this weekend.  All four of them!  So, I should be doing homework right now but I am finding it hard to concentrate when I'm emotionally exhausted.  The good news is that patching them should work and isn't going to cost as much as I was originally quoted, which means I shouldn't have canceled my hair appointment.  Maybe I can get it back.  I deserve to be silky smooth!!  It's also entirely possible that I could be laid off the day before my hair appointment, or the Monday after.  Is it wrong that I am kind of hoping it might happen? 
During the last, very recent, round of layoffs the only people laid off were forty years old or over, which isn't surprising.  So, as hard as it is to find employment when you're over forty, I was really worried about one person in particular because although she's about sixty-five she looks more like ninety-five, and can be rather unpleasant.  But she's taken the severance and unemployment and decided she's going to retire.  Everyone whose seen her since have remarked on how great she looks, how happy she is, and how she's like a completely different person.  She's volunteering at her church!  She's going to see her daughter in Hawaii!  I can't help but be a little jealous. In the meantime, work is more stressful than ever and I can't stop furrowing my brow. 

All I want to do is curl up with my guilty pleasure UK shows, like Misfits, and eat...french fries with ketchup and mayo!  

The end of the semester is near.  I've given UM all that I can give.  I've sent my writing portfolio, my work evaluations, an additional letter containing all the activities and charitable events I've been involved with that I didn't, or couldn't, include on the common application.  It's up to them now.  Dr. Thomas said he sent off a great letter of recommendation for me, but I don't think he'll be passing it along to me 'cause he thinks it might go to my head.  I'm mostly ok with that, but it does bring up some problems where scholarships are concerned.  Phi Theta Kappa has this general application that requires you upload letters of recommendation.  Oh well.  I'm more concerned with getting a couple questions answered from my current professor before the our very near end of class.  I've sent emails but I haven't received a reply yet.  I'm giving it one more day and then I start leaving voice mail messages with lots of heavy breathing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment