Wednesday, October 12, 2011

theme song mindfucks

Well, I took my English professor's advice and started writing everyday.  Awesomely enough I managed to write four different short stories in just a few days.  The jury is still out on whether they're crap or not, but I'm optimistic.  One habit I've decided to kick is my habit of waiting to see what my professor says about my writing.  I used to feel paralyzed, wondering if it was okay, wondering if there was some huge flaw that only he would end up revealing to me.  Now I'm more confident in my ability to find the flaws myself.  Even if they aren't immediately apparent I know I'll find them. 

Unfortunately some of my productivity came at the expense of Geology.  So I have to buckle down and scratch some rocks.  Z  z  z  z  z  z  z  z  z  z  z  .  .   .

As much as I think Communications is a waste of my time, it's times like these when I'm glad it's such an easy class.  My latest homework is picking three songs to put in the soundtrack of my life.  So, basically people are going to pick something that either reflects them or something they wish reflected them.  I decided that rather than pick songs from particular moments in life I'd go with more of a theme song.  You know, a song that could be played in the commercial for a movie about your life.

Joan Jett - Bad Reputation, of course.   



Dusty Springfield - You Don't Own Me. 



But those are all about my positive aspects.  I think my biggest flaws can be summed up by either Cat Power's Metal Heart



or

Death Cab for Cutie -- Expo '86






BUT, since almost all of my classmates are conservative, and since they are ALL SO FUCKING BORING, I think I'm going to post Dirty Sanchez's Fucking On The Dancefloor just to entertain myself. . .




And if someone mentions "Butterfly Kisses" I'm dropping some some Avenue D . . .




And of course PEACHES!!!!!!!!



Yes, we have a winner!! Peaches and Iggy Pop together are golden, pony boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment